Grow Jobs and Opportunity
Grow Jobs and Opportunity
Senator Blunt believes our top domestic priority should be growing more good-paying, full-time jobs for American workers. Every American deserves the opportunity to succeed, which is why Senator Blunt is fighting for a pro-growth, pro-jobs agenda in Washington.
Senator Blunt understands that no government program can replace what a good job means for the future of a family. Unfortunately, bigger government, more spending, higher taxes, and more debt has created an inequality crisis of opportunity in our country, and those policies have disproportionately hurt low and middle-class Americans for far too long.
Senator Blunt supports a number of efforts to increase economic opportunity for American families and workers, including:
- Streamline Onerous Regulations. No one wants to create a job or hire more people when they have needless uncertainties about what the future holds. That’s why Senator Blunt has co-sponsored and introduced a number of bills aimed at reviewing, streamlining, consolidating, and repealing costly and needless government regulations.
- Promote More American Energy. More American energy means more American jobs. Senator Blunt understands we can create economic opportunities for workers and families by supporting increased domestic energy production. In addition to economic growth, more American energy helps provide predictable utility bills and a dependable delivery system for families and businesses.
- Increase Tax Fairness & Certainty. Senator Blunt believes we need a fairer, flatter tax system. In the beginning of 2013, he voted to protect middle class families and small business owners from the largest tax hike in American history. In supporting efforts to permanently extend current rates for the majority of taxpayers, he helped provide economic certainty for every American, and ensure the vast majority of Missouri’s farm families will not face the unfair death tax.
- Revive American Infrastructure. Senator Blunt understands that maintaining and improving our roads, bridges, and other transportation networks is crucial to the long-term viability of the nation’s economy. He has championed bipartisan legislation to revive American infrastructure and encourage job creation through the expansion of shovel-ready projects. He is committed to ensuring Missouri’s infrastructure remains a priority and that interstate transportation systems are safe, secure, and equipped to handle the needs of families and workers nationwide.
- Repeal & Replace ObamaCare. President Obama’s health care takeover is hurting families, seniors, and workers in Missouri by imposing higher premiums, reduced wages, and fewer options for patients seeking care. Senator Blunt has been a leader in the fight to repeal and replace this costly and onerous law. He has repeatedly voted for and co-sponsored legislation to repeal ObamaCare in its entirety, and he has supported efforts to dismantle the law’s most burdensome components, including the individual and employer mandate.
- Boost American Manufacturing. Missouri is home to world-class research institutions, community colleges, universities, suppliers, and manufacturers. In December 2014, the Senate passed the bipartisan and bicameral Revitalize American Manufacturing and Innovation Act, which Senator Blunt got included as part of the appropriations omnibus bill. The passage of this common-sense, bipartisan jobs bill marked a big step for families and workers in Missouri and nationwide – not only to boost manufacturing and create jobs, but also to support innovation and manufacturing as we compete around the world.
- Encourage International Travel. Travel and tourism are important to jobs in Missouri and across the country. In December 2014, Congress approved legislation that Senator Blunt co-sponsored to boost jobs by supporting international tourism to the United States. The Travel Promotion, Enhancement, and Modernization Act reauthorized Brand USA, a public-private partnership that enhances tourism in Missouri and nationwide.
- The Advice and Consent Restoration Act - ROM13079.pdf (25.5 KBs)
- Essential Services Act - Blunt Essential Services Act amendment to CR HR 933.pdf (20.5 KBs)
- Essential Services Act of 2013 - JEN13435.pdf (25.1 KBs)