Skip to content

Drought Resources

Drought Resources

With damaging drought conditions impacting farmers and ranchers across the state, this is a difficult time for Missouri’s agricultural community, and I am here to help in any way I can.

The following information provides guidance on where to find the most up-to-date information from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, as well as contact information for local USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) offices.

For more information on drought status and assistance programs from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, please click here.

Haying and Grazing on Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) Acres

  • If your county is experiencing D2 drought conditions, you are able to hay and graze your CRP acres.
  • Please contact your local FSA office to alter your conservation plan before conducting emergency haying and grazing activity.
    • Eligibility Map – Click Here
    • Current Eligible Counties:
      • Barry, Barton, Boone, Butler, Camden, Carter, Cedar, Christian, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Dallas, Dent, Douglas, Dunklin, Franklin, Gasconade, Greene, Hickory, Howard, Howell, Iron, Jackson, Jasper, Johnson, Laclede, Lafayette, Lawrence, McDonald, Maries, Miller, Mississippi, Moniteau, New Madrid, Newton, Oregon, Ozark, Pemiscot, Pettis, Phelps, Polk, Pulaski, Reynolds, Ripley, Saint Charles, Saint Clair, Saint Louis, Saline, Scott, Shannon, Stoddard, Stone, Taney, Texas, Vernon, Warren, Wayne, Webster, and Wright
  • Conditions:
    • Emergency haying is allowed to be sold.
    • All hay must be moved within 15 days.

Livestock Forage Payments (LFP):

  • If your county is experiencing D3 drought conditions, you are eligible for Livestock Forage Payments.
  • Please contact your local FSA office within 60 days of noticeable loss to apply.
  • Full information on the program can be found here.
    • Current Eligible counties:
      • Barry, Barton, Butler, Carter, Cedar, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, Hickory, Howell, Jasper, Laclede, Lawrence, McDonald, Newton, Oregon, Ozark, Polk, Ripley, St. Clair, Shannon, Stone, Taney, Vernon, Webster, Wright

Contact Information

Please contact my office if you need any additional assistance. Residents of southeast Missouri can contact my Cape Girardeau office at 573-334-7044. Southwest Missouri residents can contact my Springfield office at 417-877-7814.